Our Personal Protective Equipment products are crucial to protecting yourself and others from the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Here at TWINCITY we sell a whole collection of PPE items; including face shields, disposable face masks, reusable face masks, goggles, safety glasses, disposable gloves, sanitizing sprays, sanitizer wipes, and more at affordable pricing!
Due to increased local Thunder Bay cases of COVID-19, including eye protection in addition to mask protection is recommended during the pandemic. Below are guidelines for both Protective Eyewear Guidance, and Single Use Face Masks.
1. Always perform a risk assessment prior to your client interaction to determine PPE requirements.
2. Protective Eyewear is required any time a physical distance of 2 meters or greater can not be maintained.
3. Protective eyewear must be donned before interaction with clients.
|Options||Considerations In Selection|
|Goggles||Goggles with a snug fit around the eyes or face shields that cover the front and sides of the face provide the most reliable eye protection front splashes, sprays, and respiratory droplets. (The characteristics of the goggles that make them the most reliable protection for the wearer do result in concerns with comfort during extended periods of use. )
Face shields are preferred as they cover the maximum area of the face to reduce exposure from splash, spray, or droplets to both the eyes and face.
A single-use face shield can be reused by the SAME user until it becomes cracked or visibility is compromised. Label your face shield.
Safety glasses do not provide the same level of protection from splashes, sprays, and droplets as googles or face shields, and generally should not be used for infection control purposes. They are not recommended for close clinical contact, especially if the client is unmasked.
If you use them, be aware that there will be gaps close to your eyes between the glasses and your face.
*If you wear prescription glasses, use a face shield or goggles/safety glasses that fit snuggly, with no gaps between the glasses and your face.
Additional Guidance for use of Protective Eyewear:
- Ensure eye protection and respirator or surgical mask compatibility so that there is no interference with the proper positioning of the ye protection or with the fit or seal of the respirator or surgical mask.
- Remove eye protection after the client has left, unless implementing extended use.
- Use of eye protection can be extended. Eye protection should be changed when soiled, damage, or cleaned, prior to changing procedure mask or N95 respirator, when going on break or meals, and end of the shift.
- All eye protection must be cleaned and disinfected between uses - see below.
Cleaning Protective Eyewear
- Ensure disinfectant wipes are within reach and wipe is accessible.
- Perform hand hygiene prior to removing eye protection.
- When removing eye protection, reach up behind head or side of head; do not touch the front of contaminated eye protection.
- Place eye protection on a non-porous surface.
- Perform hand hygiene and don gloves.
- Using a hospital grade disinfectant wipe in one hand and the other hand to pick up eye protection, carefully wipe the inside surface of eye protection. Discard the wipe after.
- Still holding eye protection in the same hand, use the other hand and take a second hospital grade disinfectant, and wipe the outside surface of the eye protection. Discard the wipe afterwards.
- Still holding eye protection in the same hand, use the other hand and take a third hospital grade disinfectant wipe to clean the surface where contaminated eye wear was placed during cleaning. discard the wipe afterwards.
- Place the clean eye protection on clean surface.
- Remove gloves and perform hand hygiene.
- If visibility is compromised by residual disinfectant, eye protection can be rinsed with tap water.
- Allow eye protection to dry prior to next use. When dry, store in labelled paper or plastic bag.
- Store in a designated clean area in a manner to prevent contamination.
Single Use Face Masks Guidelines
|Medical Grade Specifications||Protective Grade Specifications|
1. 25gsm non-woven polypropylene
2. 20gsm melt blown high filtration paper
3. 25gsm non-woven polypropylene
|Size: 17.5cm x 9.5cm||
Size: 17.5cm x 9.5cm
|Ear Loop: Elastic||
Ear Loop: Elastic
|Packaging: 50pcs/box, 40 boxes/carton||
Packaging: 50pcs/box, 40 boxes/carton
|Certifications: NMPA Registered||
Certifications: NMPA Registered
- NMPA Registered
- Health Canada approved to import medical device - MDEL Class I. (Licence # 12073)
- Suitable for medical facilities
Suitable for general use including;
- Grocery store employees
- Warehouse employees
- Delivery staff
-Essential services staff
- Any sectors other than medical facilities